Your meditation will be more successful if you set the right scene for it. Make yourself comfortable in the room you will meditate in. Light some candles, use a incense stick (It makes the experience more intense to me) and sit in a position that brings you most comfort over longer time. You can also lay down.
Meditation will benefit you if you feel like you are always in a hurry. It will “take you down on earth” and make you remember yourself and your needs. It will help you deal with the worries that may cloud up inside your mind.
When I meditate I use these thought to get into the feeling of it.
- I imagine that nothing exists outside this room.
- I do not feel bound to the outside world anymore and I am now free to explore myself.
- I center my attention inwards, I attach the attention to the center of my forehead.
- I experience the silence around me and inside me.
- A sense of inner peace begins to fill me.
- The waves of this peace washes gently against me.
- My mind frees itself from its concerns and I get a feeling of lightness and content.
- I’m back in my natural state of peace.
- I sit here in a moment and enjoy this feeling of complete silence.